A Dip In The Pool
There is no luxury like water,
Blue as the Hope Diamond.
Land rules cease to apply,
Are firmly marooned on shore.
The peace dove's dropped its feathers Just for me.
The pool receives me kindly Asks no questions
Makes no assumptions Demands no entry fee.
It washes away the heat, the dust, the noise
Of the crowded day.
Succour, solitude, silence.
Oh the silence, the silence
Sweeter than larks' tongues
Or honey from amber bees!
I kick my heels like a fish,
Chasing the wobbling coracles of light.
Creature of fluid boundaries, I watch day drown, knowing,
Like Noah, new lands will rise like growling whales.
sheena blackhall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dip In The Pool by sheena blackhall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas