A DREAM PASSING; A HAUNT
A dream; down the silky meadows-
Haunts; barges into the unruly thought;
In gentle steps; upon the shady staircase,
Flaunt these glee; arc of an unruly plot!
Circumvent! Ask for the standing poll-
In timeless wisdom, he finds to heaven;
Steps in crystal prints, cemented walk;
To vie for the glance; heart throbs to pain!
And circumscribe, eyes with fading charms-
For your name is yours; Virtue I don’t
Dare to dream; beyond my frail glasses-
Brief, values lost to gritty past.
Beads of holiness, stream is mine-
Swirl all wind-ups; into this depth-
To find- where can I lose my vision;
For those reliant horizon, out of faith!
“Shun all Fear”- Least is mine;
For mine is the fountain; Pious, Pure!
Of all worlds; discover to miracle-
To rest all hopes, I can’t rely to be sure!
Dump this dampened spirit of millions
Soul; shook for the mortal perishes-
To hide from the blazing fire,
World can, from its crest of worries!
Turn those lids; with heft lords must be
Wrong –for the trodden guilt, yet-
In fifth eyes; casts the blithe soar,
Of pain, of quest- pivots of my thrust!
And, look back In anger, If I could;
Float with the waving clouds high above-
My ideas in hapless shackles to stand
Alone; mine is the family in groove.
Trust! For this being is the bondage; I lie-
To spurn mediocrity; dispel yours –within-
My mortal frame; longing to truth; my soul meet -
Truce - be the entity Mine; of blissful wane!
Deb Panda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A DREAM PASSING; A HAUNT by Deb Panda )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee