A Friend Forever
Christ will forsake me never; He is indeed my friend forever,
He had offered His life, for me, so that I could live eternally,
And He had approached me first, even as I was at my worst,
God came into my life that day; and Christ moved in to stay.
It began the day I read His Word, about things I never heard,
The more of His Word I read, the more I believed all He said,
About God’s Son and Who He is, and how by Faith I am His,
A child of God’s Own Family; to be with Him through eternity.
He is a Friend, unlike any other, Lord and God, yet a Brother,
The One, who for me, had died, walks daily, right by my side,
As God said He’d never leave, from the moment I did believe,
And He’s with me every day, helping me on life’s Narrow Way.
Christ put me on this path, when for me, He took God’s Wrath,
When with God, I was at enmity; He put God at peace with me;
Removing all my fear and dread, He fills me with hope instead,
While on a path towards Eternity, which began back at Calvary.
On this earth, I never walk alone, since I am one of God’s Own,
While upon that path to Paradise, with my Savior, Jesus Christ,
And as I leave this world of sin, my life with God will just begin,
In Heaven forever I will spend, with my Savior, Lord and Friend.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend Forever by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI