A Gentle Tale of Lust
Into the dark, dank cellar
I lead you by the hand
towards a marble alter
laid with crimson sheets,
surrounded by cold candles
winking their naked eyes.
I feel you shiver against me
as I gently lay you down,
enter your mind
and read your soul.
You are not, yet, ready
to embrace this open flame.
The dim light flickers,
you fall into my eyes,
softly you sigh my name.
As your will evaporates
I slowly enter your skin
awaiting that first, sweet thrill.
Hot liquid fire burns my lips,
yet warms my heart.
Uncovering your dreams
in each anxious beat
I see your desire for me,
I hear your pain.
Alas, my love,
alone I choose to wander
as warm, pleading hands
chill my blood.
You grow pale now,
all life slips from your eyes
which seem to beg me
to set you free.
Don't cry, my sweet,
I fail to hear that naked plea
over the steady pleasure beat
you have given me.
* thanks for switching on the light in the think-tank on this one, Captain Jack
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gentle Tale of Lust by Viola Grey )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...
- Clink, Clink, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Curtains Of Near-Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtains Of Near - Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- what is left, Mandolyn ...
- Watching Ideas Pop, RoseAnn V. Shawiak