Babalola Augustine Adeola
A Good Day To Die
Is definitely not on a Sunday
Or the day after that life changing sermon
Or on the day that we expires
when my name and pictures
adores the front cover of the Fox magazine
for wealth has come to stay.
Sleeping on Dollars and waking on pounds
Its not after using private jet for my wedding,
or the day she reproduces me
or the day I quench my thirst with provinces
like Alexander the great.
It’s not after winning the Nobel laureate prize,
or after receiving the whole world loudest ovation,
or after winning dollar on the popularity chat,
and making every power house my second home
or after walking the whole earth
and her sisters in space….
No! Not any of those memorable days
but the day the light deems on me
in the small corner of my world
with so much light for others to see
and a lot lighting their world from mine.
To make my life a true sacrifice that it is
and a gift to humanity.
After doing all the goods assigned to me
and the bad.
after hurting the feelings of my brothers
who oppresses the lowly
will definitely be a good day to bow out.
Babalola Augustine Adeola's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Good Day To Die by Babalola Augustine Adeola )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tolerancee is...., hasmukh amathalal
- Recalling Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep, Adam Latham
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray
- Act Of Charity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vengeance, Leong Ming Loong
- Syllable Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Touching Rendition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dahshatgard, Bano Ali
- Safe Haven, Denis Martindale