to the coffin, from cradle
surpass sarcastic smiling hurdles
did i get, for what i was sent? ? ?
to learn, that i was meant.
Those shedding the shelters in sunshine
departing the dears who were mine
days and night without sleep
street and state i sweep
did it worth paid,
all those sacrifices i made? ? ? ?
Am i a graduate who could,
put the trust in the lord
bind the beloveds to the love's cord
turn down the thirsty sword red
welcome the guest with shared bread.
A graduate who could,
light a ray of knowledge,
find the wisdom way as life surge.
ijlal haider's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Graduate by ijlal haider )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When a Man loves you, tallulah montegue
- Duty Is Prime, Upendra Singh
- Gravesites of the roads, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Gibran Khalil Gibran, Nassy Fesharaki
- slowest driver, lee fones
- Here... Outside, Dexsta Ray
- BECAUSE OF JESUS, Tom Zart
- Napoleon Hill, Aparna Chatterjee
- Feast day, Amitie Abedi
- An English Poet & His Villa Named Poet's.., Bijay Kant Dubey