A Great Grandparent
There are things we look forward to, as
we get on in years. Our children get
married, raise children of their own,
through all the sweat and tears. Before
you turn around, grandchildren grow up
and make their way. Along comes a
young man, or woman and a marriage
takes place, one day. Time passes and
you get a call. What they're about to say
to you, is the happiest news of all. As
you listen with intent, you're hearing all
about the blessed event. Tears, well up
in your eyes and your heart, is jumping for
joy. You're so elated, you don't care if it's
a girl or boy. It's the most wonderful feeling
to know, you've come this far. Now, you're
going to become a great grandparent and
you realize, how very fortunate, you are!
Audrey Heller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Great Grandparent by Audrey Heller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass