A Growing Home
Home is where the heart is.
My home is upon your lips,
in your palms of your hands
on your skin, and in your heart.
My home is your every part.
I dress in the air your breathe,
and bathe in the waters
of your tongue.
I'd never wean from your love.
For then, I will be naked,
and my bones would weaken,
and hang from their hinges
and I will be unable to walk.
I would become like a sack
of stones resting on the ground.
I will always remain where found.
It is your love that makes me move.
It is your love that carries me.
It is your love that refreshes me.
It is your love that I call home.
Copyright © 2010 Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Growing Home by Leslie Alexis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Let It Be on Monday, God, Donal Mahoney
- Rain, Devin Lasker
- Lyrics Lifted Aloft, Saiom Shriver
- Who Are They?, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Broken Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher