I am a girl without happy heart,
I stay alone among unreal friends.
I am not actress but I play my part
It`s not amazing and no fear lends.
I am a girl, who looks into your mind,
I write your story in unusual way.
They say I`m clever, fun and even kind,
And maybe you like angel call me may.
I am a girl, just little girl at all,
But have some power see another world,
If you are sad you can for help me call,
My heart is brave when your`s forever cold.
I am a girl and future will be mine.
Like harlequin I go through our life.
My novels are no perfect but all fine…
I`ll be a writer and somebody`s wife…
I cannot change forever every thought,
But I make you to think about love.
My heart is clean, like sunshine, bright and hot.
I`ll go with it through all world, or just half…
Like harlequin I`ll send to you a dream,
I`ll take your hand and never leave your mind.
My thought flies like frosty water stream…
Don`t be afraid, remember I am kind.
I`ll never use your soul for my fun,
I`ll give a lot of happiness to you,
But I ask you, please, stop me when I run,
And sing a song for me not old but new.
I ask you, please, make me forever smile,
With my heart see your eyes which are so clean.
I`ll go to you so far, mile after mile…
I am a girl and funny harlequin.
Ekaterina Polischuk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Harlequin by Ekaterina Polischuk )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong
- For they were lovers each-other, Pijush Biswas