A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
A hundred thousand abortions a year don’t make much sense,
Paid for by our health-care system in lots of dollars and cents,
Is our health care system being gutted by the price of abortions?
Is the number of dead babies being published in these distortions?
Might this be the reason why you can’t get that MRI?
Money spent on abortions and not you and now you know why,
Politicians and bureaucrats will avoid all these questions,
Not mentioned in the media either and please no suggestions.
I realize this was an appointed Supreme Court decision,
Not discussed in parliament so no political supervision,
No referendums, no propositions and no judicial reviews,
No plebiscites, proportional representation or strange views.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS by James Bredin )
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., Nicholas Campbell
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)