A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
A hundred thousand abortions a year don’t make much sense,
Paid for by our health-care system in lots of dollars and cents,
Is our health care system being gutted by the price of abortions?
Is the number of dead babies being published in these distortions?
Might this be the reason why you can’t get that MRI?
Money spent on abortions and not you and now you know why,
Politicians and bureaucrats will avoid all these questions,
Not mentioned in the media either and please no suggestions.
I realize this was an appointed Supreme Court decision,
Not discussed in parliament so no political supervision,
No referendums, no propositions and no judicial reviews,
No plebiscites, proportional representation or strange views.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS by James Bredin )
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)