A Kid Again
The best thing about being a Grandparent
is that it allows you to be a kid again.
You get another chance at games and toys,
at 'making believe' and making noise!
You're so good at it! Maybe it's because
you're experienced! You're kind of an expert.
Baseball in the backyard and
the merry-go-round in the park!
What a hoot! It's a real lark!
A flyng kite, a spinning top,
bedtime stories and soda pop!
Why, it's almost magical!
It never seemed so much fun
the first time around.
I guess it has something to do
with the innocence that you've found
and the excitement that you share with
that little tyke who calls you
by your 'special name.'
It makes everything that you do together
seem so delightfully insane.
The only downside to it all is that your
grandchild playmate wants to grow up.
But you? Oh! No! Never!
You are going to be a kid forever!
Gerald Hanners's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Kid Again by Gerald Hanners )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz