A Letter from Me
I'm going to start this off by saying;
I love you and I'm safe.
I know you're scared, I'm scared too
But don't cry honey,
I'll be home soon.
How are the kids?
Give them a big hug for me,
And tell them I love them.
I'm missing you more than ever
Here in Afghanistan.
I'm wishing every night to
Wake up next to you.
That was the last letter she got
From her brave husband.
He was killed in action two days
After she got the letter.
Katie cried and cried tears
Of not only saddness but of proudness
Knowing her husband, Cpl. Mitchell,
Died fighting for his country.
Kailee Falvo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Letter from Me by Kailee Falvo )
- The Monster, Barbara Dixion
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)