Mark R Slaughter
A life half lived
A life lived in fear
Is a life half lived.
If only you would dare – or do!
A flagrant kiss of challenge on the lips
– then on to tongue –
Will help undress the man,
So you may feel the dawn
Caress your waking self:
The blush of latent pride will
Place the cold of low-esteem
Upon the shelf of also-rans.
You’d shine! –
In oestrogenic ways that
For the moment hide beneath your skin,
Deferring yet again a shaking breast
From androgenic hands.
Involve your glands upon a whim –
Finger up a risk or two;
Stroke a chance to share with him
Atop a forward you!
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2010
woman woman woman woman woman
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A life half lived by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I do Love You, Dechen Doma Sherpa
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- Outcomes of Resolutions, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Nico's Request, Aiyabells 002
- On a condition..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Milk, Nassy Fesharaki
- Falling Fowards, Metaphorically Speaking
- Distance and time, Tom Squires
- Red-mouthed Small Monkeys, Indian Monkeys, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Do I Write? How Do I Feel I, Think I?, Bijay Kant Dubey