A Life With No Door
My heart aches, for those like you
Who don't know where they're going, Don't know what to do.
Never given any encouragement, protection or self worth.
And never feeling love. Not even at birth.
Growing and learning yet never getting anywhere,
Learning only of survival... as no one shows they care.
Education did not exist- Only survival felt right.
Living only for today - And only tonight.
But the giving that I gave opened many doors,
So many options, for me to explore.
I gave so much and opened arms grabbed me,
Helped me to grow and made me really see.
That anyone can survive, A Life With No Door,
As long as you have the windows and Know that there is more.
More for you to explore and to realise how important you are,
Especially the distance you have travelled and just how far
How far you have grown and what you still need to see
To realise this huge lesson; has given you the will to believe.
Lyn Paul April 2014
Lyn Paul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Life With No Door by Lyn Paul )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide