A Life With No Door
My heart aches, for those like you
Who don't know where they're going, Don't know what to do.
Never given any encouragement, protection or self worth.
And never feeling love. Not even at birth.
Growing and learning yet never getting anywhere,
Learning only of survival... as no one shows they care.
Education did not exist- Only survival felt right.
Living only for today - And only tonight.
But the giving that I gave opened many doors,
So many options, for me to explore.
I gave so much and opened arms grabbed me,
Helped me to grow and made me really see.
That anyone can survive, A Life With No Door,
As long as you have the windows and Know that there is more.
More for you to explore and to realise how important you are,
Especially the distance you have travelled and just how far
How far you have grown and what you still need to see
To realise this huge lesson; has given you the will to believe.
Lyn Paul April 2014
Lyn Paul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Life With No Door by Lyn Paul )
Did you read them?
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak