A Logical Song, A Reply - Parody
Why, Jack, though attractive your rhyme,
there’s no conflict – temptation and fear
disappear when one has a good time –
with oneself, - subject/object my Dear!
Although beauty with age fades away,
one may still seize the joystick to buoy
and re-use it by night and by day,
so, pray, what’s the use of a boy?
I may add, Jack, with jacking to toy
is a sport each may teach in her way,
fornication’s no fun to enjoy
if before play one can’t reach “olé! ”
The debate’s not half mast, you can climb
up to Venus, from f[r]ont or from rear,
fornication’s too often false mime –
so, Jack! – have I made myself clear?
© Jonathan Robin – Parody written 7 April 2002 Original Author Unknown – A Logical Song
A Logical Song
Why, Chloe, thus squander your prime,
In debate between fear and temptation?
If adulterous love be a crime,
Why quarrel with plain fornication?
But your beauties with age you may lose:
Then seize the short moment of joy!
If not – then with confidence use,
What by using you cannot destroy.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Logical Song, A Reply - Parody by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)