A Long Journey
Sometimes I get so tired and teary.
I shut my lids for I am weary.
Yet, there are times that come a-calling
that lift me up when I am falling
into that sorrowful place I know
where the sun doesn’t shine
and the strong winds blow.
Should I not treasure these times as well?
They define heaven from having known hell.
So tired, weary or whatever may be
it’s been a long journey that’s come to me.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long Journey by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story', Craig Mize
- Ek se silsile hain sab hijr ki rut bata .., Pirzada Qasim
Poem of the Day
- Who Are You?, Electric Lady
- Aunt Sally, hafiz qasim
- Autonecropolis, Leslie Philibert
- '' There's No Substitution '', bri mar
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE