A Love Poem
Do not ask me to write a love poem
for I do not know what
Is it fire?
or is it the slow drip of water
again and again and again through the rock
of our resolve?
Can love be sleepy?
Or must it always be caffeinated
Zigging and Zagging with fierce ups and downs
Is love pain?
To be burned and sucker punched
time and time again
to taste lightning and
want to weep for the sweet agony?
Or rather, is it kindness?
Sweet words, slow sex, eyes meeting
laquered over and over with thick sticky layers
made sloth like by your glut
near vomiting with gratitude
I do not know
What exactly love is
how to feel it
The words come so easily
I love you
iloveyou iloveyou iloveyou
but what do they mean?
Haris Rigoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Poem by Haris Rigoo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra