A Love Poem
Do not ask me to write a love poem
for I do not know what
Is it fire?
or is it the slow drip of water
again and again and again through the rock
of our resolve?
Can love be sleepy?
Or must it always be caffeinated
Zigging and Zagging with fierce ups and downs
Is love pain?
To be burned and sucker punched
time and time again
to taste lightning and
want to weep for the sweet agony?
Or rather, is it kindness?
Sweet words, slow sex, eyes meeting
laquered over and over with thick sticky layers
made sloth like by your glut
near vomiting with gratitude
I do not know
What exactly love is
how to feel it
The words come so easily
I love you
iloveyou iloveyou iloveyou
but what do they mean?
Haris Rigoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Poem by Haris Rigoo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas