A Mother's Gift
I once created you with pure intentions,
I then formed you with pristine motions.
With my very own flesh, &
With cells that were still so fresh,
I incubated your growth, as
I nurtured what our fate wrote.
You soon left the infinite sea,
Just to become born by me.
Laboring through the intense pain
Had brought me an immensely gratifying gain,
Just as your very first sight
Had instantly strengthened my own inner might.
A part of me, yet
Apart from me.
You came into existence
As a symbol of persistence.
An angel from above, &
A personification of infinite love,
You were more than I intended,
You were more than I created.
Amazed, awestruck, and appreciative,
I speechlessly admired nature's initiative.
In gratitude I still gaze at my life's greatest gift, as
In wonder I now realize the imminent transformational shift.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Gift by Suraj Samtani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro