An outsider's love is pure,
An outsider's love is unconditional.
There is no duty to maintain the love.
There is no pressure to maintain the love.
It is purely intuitive.
It is purely heartfelt.
A family love is conditional.
A family love is obligatory.
To stay in society, you cannot not love your family.
To stay in society, you cannot not be loved by your family.
It is solely dutiful.
It is solely egoistic.
As much as I love you, I will never make you my family.
& As much as you love me, I hope you never make me a part of yours.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family Ties by Suraj Samtani )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)