James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
A NEW CANADIAN CONSTITUTION... APRIL 24TH,2013
Trudeau's Charter of Rights denies us the right to die,
You are forbidden to decide when, where, how or why,
If we the people had binding referendums, we could decide,
To get euthanasia when and if and where, we wanted to die.
There is no doubt that the whole idea is locked and no one will confront,
The idea of assisted suicide brings a lot more to the front,
A hundred thousand abortions a year doesn't phase us a bit,
Why should the helpless and the dying feel trapped in our fit?
These so called pro-life opponents are not at the abortion clinic,
Plus; those who are oppose to abortions also seem to be cynics,
This issue is another symptoms of our lack of authority,
We've given it to politicians who behave like they're a majority.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem