A NEW CANADIAN CONSTITUTION May 12th,2011
Why is it that you can only read stuff like this on a blog?
Because human rights and politically correct control the fog,
What we need is one politician to tell it like it is,
And compulsory voting for all Canadian election biz.
We need binding referendums and judicial reviews,
Because ordinary Canadians always seem to lose,
We need plebiscites and proportional representation,
And prisoners to stay in jail for their whole sentence duration.
We need death with dignity and political propositions,
We need to be able to recall useless politicians,
Why does our court system have publication bans here and there?
We may need a new constitution if anyone really cares.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A NEW CANADIAN CONSTITUTION May 12th,2011 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ode on Solitude, Alexander Pope
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Ode to Jokowi, Sari Mavi
- ಶೂನ್ಯ, Deepak Malapur
- Here We Are In The Year 2015, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo