Johan van wyk
A new life
A new life
A new start
Away from the pain
And everything that kept me sane
Away from you
And your dancing eyes
Away from love
And its troubled skies
Away from all the memories we shared
How we laughed and cried and never cared
It's a new life I should be happy I know
A life without you, was I ready to let go?
Was it time to forget the past
To store it on a shelf to gather dust?
Was it time to look forward
And bring our own happiness by doing what we must?
And yet now I'm still writing
Even though you're already gone.
Still hoping and praying it's not too late
For this one last song.
So finding myself strong enough to move on
I set out, looked back and the walls came crumbling down.
It's not strength to go or to forget
It's not strength to leave when I haven't told you yet
That there's no one in this life that I'd rather see smiling
Than you when I walked away secretly dying.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A new life by Johan van wyk )
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
- Life and Me., silenced work
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)