Johan van wyk
A new life
A new life
A new start
Away from the pain
And everything that kept me sane
Away from you
And your dancing eyes
Away from love
And its troubled skies
Away from all the memories we shared
How we laughed and cried and never cared
It's a new life I should be happy I know
A life without you, was I ready to let go?
Was it time to forget the past
To store it on a shelf to gather dust?
Was it time to look forward
And bring our own happiness by doing what we must?
And yet now I'm still writing
Even though you're already gone.
Still hoping and praying it's not too late
For this one last song.
So finding myself strong enough to move on
I set out, looked back and the walls came crumbling down.
It's not strength to go or to forget
It's not strength to leave when I haven't told you yet
That there's no one in this life that I'd rather see smiling
Than you when I walked away secretly dying.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A new life by Johan van wyk )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland
- Have Faith, Michael P. McParland
- Grace Me, Michael P. McParland
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland