Johan van wyk
Would you tell me..
Would you tell me your secrets
Would you tell me your fears
Would you tell me who made you count your tears
Would you tell me your thoughts
Or am I banned from them too
Is this your life? Do I mean nothing to you?
I've been trying to help, to make you see
That there's nothing in this world
That you cannot be
But too many lies and too many scars
Have made you cold
Made you deaf to my pleas and oblivious to the world
So no matter the love, the words or the patience
It was never enough to fill your heart
Of the absence of someone that left too many empty spaces
So in order to understand
I had to leave this road
I had to take with me only memories
To fight back the cold
So I ask you again
Would you answer this question?
Would you tell me the truth?
Is this a game or was I more than your route?
To walk on at will
To abandon at choice
Was I more important,
Than last weeks news
In the end you'll have your secrets and I'll have mine
But please tell me one thing though..
For who is it that you rhyme?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would you tell me.. by Johan van wyk )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)