Johan van wyk
Would you tell me..
Would you tell me your secrets
Would you tell me your fears
Would you tell me who made you count your tears
Would you tell me your thoughts
Or am I banned from them too
Is this your life? Do I mean nothing to you?
I've been trying to help, to make you see
That there's nothing in this world
That you cannot be
But too many lies and too many scars
Have made you cold
Made you deaf to my pleas and oblivious to the world
So no matter the love, the words or the patience
It was never enough to fill your heart
Of the absence of someone that left too many empty spaces
So in order to understand
I had to leave this road
I had to take with me only memories
To fight back the cold
So I ask you again
Would you answer this question?
Would you tell me the truth?
Is this a game or was I more than your route?
To walk on at will
To abandon at choice
Was I more important,
Than last weeks news
In the end you'll have your secrets and I'll have mine
But please tell me one thing though..
For who is it that you rhyme?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would you tell me.. by Johan van wyk )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- Boat race., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Shall I Compare Thee 2, Kim Barney
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland
- Rooftop Stronghold 2, Kim Barney
- I Want To Wake Up, Michael P. McParland
- Road Warriors, Charles Wright
- The Human Quagmire, Lukas Sotola
- Lunacy, Lukas Sotola