'A No Gift Christmas For Me'
I would like this Christmas to be
a' No Give Christmas', for me!
So that what you had thought of to spend
would be given to another instead.
For what will I take to my Father's home?
It is not of what you bought me I own.
If I have not lead to Christ my fellow man
what good would these gifts do me then?
So a, ' No Gift Christmas', this year please!
that is my prayer and all that I need.
Take your time and money and give to another
making them now a sister in Christ, or brother.
'Merry Christmas! '
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A No Gift Christmas For Me' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali