PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
A Poem On A Cancerous Shame...
We should be and we are proud of Her.
She may be and She is proud of us!
Those who are genteel mince their words;
Gnash inside but never flash the diabolical teeth.
Many of us crawl like ten-legged crabs
And vainly grip ' The morning Suns '.
Many of us love to clip the soaring wings
As cawing crows are jealous of Skylarks`aplomb.
So many of us love to hit with cunning whips
And the targets suffer all the vindictive swipes.
We hurt the sentiment of our first Nobel Laureate;
Xenophobic mouths hit out to the 'maiden glory'.
Many such aspects provoke the fast 'brain-drain'-
Ingenious work of native genius attains foreign acclamation.
Our home turf adds a feather to a ready crown!
Rather vile words are ready to rip through the pink hearts.
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem On A Cancerous Shame... by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns