A Poem Without Music Of Its Own Is Not A Poem
A POEM WITHOUT MUSIC OF ITS OWN IS NOT A POEM
A poem without music of its own is not a poem-
I have lost the rhythm of my soul
I write these words
But where is the music?
Slowly slowly I strive
To listen to my own voice-
It sounds as if it comes from deep within me
Deeper than my own dreaming.
Is this a poem I hear?
Or only my own ambition and scheming?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem Without Music Of Its Own Is Not A Poem by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Messengers, Maverick Jones
- Tracking A Vision, Heather burns
- I'll Always Remember, Lilly Emery
- Autumn, Blake Mulligan
- emotion sickness, Mandolyn Davidson
- Platinum Stars Dripped Love!, LUVinThe NOW
- Bliss, David Lessard
- My love for you, Leesaan Robertson
- Rewrite your Story, Maverick Jones
- yeah...., Noah Body