A POLITICAL LEADER... JUNE 13TH,2013
We need a politician to tell our aristocrats where to go,
These unelected Senate appointees seem to think they run the show,
They are there till they are seventy five and no one knows why,
Nicy cushy elite job with pay and expences up to the sky.
And we are not allowed to notice that something is very wrong,
Or that this undemocratic system has been going on so long.
And now a Senate scandal; that they were fidling with the books,
Media page after page say that its much worse than it looks.
But this is sacred elitist stuff that some say can’t be touched,
Democrasy is not that important and doesn’t need to be clutched
Add to that the fact that Canadians seldom if ever vote,
Therefore nothing can change as Ottawa elitists all gloat.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A POLITICAL LEADER... JUNE 13TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..