Pondering on a Rose/ A delicate flower/ Crimson it glows/ Quietly through the hour/ It is adored by passersby/ Walking on sunny afternoons/ It is the blush of a little girl shy/ When her lover professes under the light of the moon/ And how fragrant its petals/ Elegant its form/ Rising toward the sky/ Indifferent to the ferocity of the Storm.
Fond to the human eye/ Felt by the human soul/ A passionate harmless life/ Amid the crude & cold.
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Rose by Rafael Cazares )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols
- Caged In, Kerri Foxx
- Only faith, I keep, Aftab Alam
- har khel khel liya, Yashvardhan Goel
- Broken, Kerri Foxx
- Take Time, Proud SugarBoe
- Persian cat upon the fence, lee fones
- Tragedy at Nightfall, Kerri Foxx
- Politics, Aftab Alam
- Nothing but a Test, Kerri Foxx