Fleeting is Our Love
I invite you to a humble abode
where the moonlight seems to always be;
hiding from the sun.
you have refused to come.
so i remain.
maybe you have too much to lose
and I much to gain.
left those adorable, admirable eyes
losing warmth, and I unable to
shelter your worries and cries.
friendly and feeble
you are a cozy summer beetle
that the masses have overlooked
just lying on your beds of leaf...quietly,
where i've longed to be.
Our love has evolved into sheer
destruction and concern,
So the time has come to extinguish that
which faintly burns.
I am your sunflower;
watching you illuminate the sky as you go.
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fleeting is Our Love by Rafael Cazares )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra