A Sailor's Spirit
Deep into the waters do we sail,
with a mission never to fail,
with victory in mind we do hail,
filled with high spirits we do sail.
Waters are cold, but we do swim,
even if it's a trap, we ought to win,
killing the enemies is not a sin,
for it's a battle, we ought to save our kin.
We fight and sacrifice, to make our nation so proud,
our tales are always spoken about, in almost any crowd.
We race the waves, and travel many a nautical mile,
with the hope that soon we will make our nation smile.
The time has come, at last to protect,
off my ship i go into the ocean with a dive, so perfect.
Every moment i hear just the cheer of my co-saliors from the deck.
I see death right before me, a missile from a submarine,
I eagerly embrace it as a proud marine.
for i'm happy that i could save my ship,
and releasing it from the harsh enemy's grip.
I know i will be dead and gone,
but my soul will live on in other sailors' spirit
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sailor's Spirit by Deepak Calyampoondi )
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico