A SCANDELOUS ATTITUDE
A SCANDELOUS ATTITUDE … JUNE 20TH,2013
Canadian senators’ attitude of entitlement is hard to believe,
Refuse to reimburse housing claims that went on for years,
It shows that we the people have a problem that’s very rough,
While our other politicians have now taken the summer off.
Appointees entitled to the Red Chamber till seventy five,
Got there because of connections or maybe they connive,
It’s obvious that appointed senators should be elected,
The mentality of their entitlements should be disconnected.
Some US states elect their judges and have assisted suicide.
But like Sue Rodriguez, we don’t and are compelled to comply,
But if Quebec is allowed assisted suicide; what will we do?
Is there something coming down the pipe, that is way overdue?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SCANDELOUS ATTITUDE by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen