A Sinner's Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Heaven help me, don't forget
The one who's falling into this.
This horrible darkness evelops me,
Consumes me, dear God, hear my plea -
Help me find myself tonight.
Let me live to see a new day's light.
I don't want to be known as the one
Who gave up life before it had begun.
I don't want to see any more pain;
I wish I'd never been forced to change.
I used to be so happy and free -
Dear God, what happened to the old me?
But this word is so dark, so cruel and cold,
I didn't even realize I was losing my soul.
So tonight let me start all over again.
Let a new part of my life begin.
If Satan decides he wants me now,
God help me please, let me keep this vow.
To never go back to the way I was,
To not be someone who never thinks, just does.
To conclude my prayer, God promise me this,
This one little thing I almost missed:
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Akara K.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sinner's Prayer by Akara K. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE DOORS THAT WOULD NOT OPEN, NADYA AWADH
- Great Creative Genius, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- सिमांङावसो गले गले, Ronjoy Brahma
- Highway Snippets: Of Rainbows & Ruins, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- For Life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Mind Flying, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Broken Relationship, eseck ezeh
- Final Test, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- $25 from POEM HUNTER, Richard Thripp
- Children's Prayer, RoseAnn V. Shawiak