A Small Piece of Metal
I close my eyes and picture what it would be like
I wrap my hand around and hold on tight
I feel nervous and unsure
It is cold to the touch but looks mysterious
It's body holds paths of its own guided by its curves
I hold it and ponder what i should do
How will it feel I ask myself?
Will it be quick and painless?
What if this doesn't do it?
What if I still live?
I point it and pretend to pull
Such a tiny thing has so much power
The question is who has more power me or this mysterious piece of metal?
Will I be a coward or will I follow through?
Will today be the day?
Is it heaven or is it hell?
I stare at it and it stares me back
It is like it is calling me out to see if I will follow through
It asks me what my plan is and I answer back that I am still debating
Anne Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Small Piece of Metal by Anne Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries