Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
A Sonnet Plea to the New Year
A Sonnet-Plea to the New Year (An Experimental Sonnet)
Welcome, New Year 'Nineteen Ninety Four'.
At midnight, closed although may be our door,
Have you not your magic master-key,
From world's womb to timely set you free?
A babe yourself, our father you will be;
Our matters for a year you'll oversee.
Our life's boat, as Captain you will guide;
Empowered you'll be to turn the very tide!
Our future when you draft and duly write,
Can't you make it just a shade more bright?
As Fortune's favourites let us be enrolled;
Her gracious gifts, awhile let us hold.
With Health as bread and Wealth as water pure,
A happy life for us, pray ensure.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sonnet Plea to the New Year by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
- Abandoned, Tony Adah
- Lace and More, Arno Le Roux
- Let there be light, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)