Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
A Sonnet Plea to the New Year
A Sonnet-Plea to the New Year (An Experimental Sonnet)
Welcome, New Year 'Nineteen Ninety Four'.
At midnight, closed although may be our door,
Have you not your magic master-key,
From world's womb to timely set you free?
A babe yourself, our father you will be;
Our matters for a year you'll oversee.
Our life's boat, as Captain you will guide;
Empowered you'll be to turn the very tide!
Our future when you draft and duly write,
Can't you make it just a shade more bright?
As Fortune's favourites let us be enrolled;
Her gracious gifts, awhile let us hold.
With Health as bread and Wealth as water pure,
A happy life for us, pray ensure.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sonnet Plea to the New Year by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey