Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
A Sonnet Plea to the New Year
A Sonnet-Plea to the New Year (An Experimental Sonnet)
Welcome, New Year 'Nineteen Ninety Four'.
At midnight, closed although may be our door,
Have you not your magic master-key,
From world's womb to timely set you free?
A babe yourself, our father you will be;
Our matters for a year you'll oversee.
Our life's boat, as Captain you will guide;
Empowered you'll be to turn the very tide!
Our future when you draft and duly write,
Can't you make it just a shade more bright?
As Fortune's favourites let us be enrolled;
Her gracious gifts, awhile let us hold.
With Health as bread and Wealth as water pure,
A happy life for us, pray ensure.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sonnet Plea to the New Year by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael McParland
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Intense Videos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cherishing Small Things, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- As I love you, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Lonley Nights, Michael McParland
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam