cheryl davis miller
A Time To Stand
The time for polite niceties
is now far in the past.
It's time to put our war boots on
before the die is cast.
Too many generations have
grown-up beneath a cloud;
of crookedness in leadership
so we must cry aloud.
This is not how it's meant to be;
that thieves and liars rule.
Devouring the little ones
with law and methods cruel.
Taking no thought for harm they cause
to any or to all.
Tis time to storm the castle gate
let despots heed the call;
of those held down by lawlessness,
for far too many years,
who've swallowed back lumps in their throats;
and smiled through bitter tears.
For we saw Camelot falling
and could not lift a hand.
Now time has passed and we have grown;
united we will stand.
To fight while there is life in us
and weapons in our hand.
We'll stand for sweet America
then, pray God bless our land.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Time To Stand by cheryl davis miller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA