A Toast Master
What does it take to make one proud,
Standing apart, amongst almost any crowd.
Stand tall, look down at your prepared speech,
and send that message, to many hearts that seek,
your kindness, attention, so talk aloud like that Geek.
It's your time now, the time to speak,
never allow those nervous thought that make you weak,
Take that courage from within yourself,
Never draw a boundary with a continental shelf.
To speak in public, is one of the trait,
makes even the most eloquent to be afraid,
But practice and perseverance is the trick of the trade,
and never will you by any chance be betrayed.
A toast is what many wait for, even for years,
to speak like the king of english, William Shakespear.
So have all that confidence in what you have to say,
for it's the time to toast from a Toast master of the day.
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Toast Master by Deepak Calyampoondi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Little Girl, Kyle Schlicher
- Deep Water Haiku Trilogy, Kyle Schlicher
- I tease, hasmukh amathalal
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno