A TRIBUTE to a LEADER
A TRIBUTE to a LEADER
Ex. B.Captain NOEL WANASON
by: melvin banggollay
Nice and amiable you were as a brother
With a caring heart as a loving father
To your kids and as a wife’s true lover
With undying love to serve them forever.
On your desire to serve our community
You offered unselfish service efficiently
As a barangay captain with capability
To initiate development for the locality.
Empowered with a vision as a leader,
as an educator and young entrepreneur
You nurtured dreams for every brother
That you tried to behold with cheer power.
Life you have was truly short in its history
Yet it is truly filled with honor and glory
For you’ve made it useful and completely
In the service of mankind with humility.
Why God had taken you dear little brother
Is beyond my understanding and power
But I believed t’was part of your journey
Leaving great footprints as your legacy.
All that you have started for your family
The school you have nurtured passionately
With noble visions for the youth of today
Will be sustained by the your own family.
No man pay ababa ti biag a naituding kenka
Ta ngay immuna ka metten nga inala’t Ama
Attidog ti rimat ti biag nga ingka impakita
Ta napnuwan kinaraniag ken bung-bunga.
Addu pay koma ti ingka nga maaramidan
Para iti pagsay-atan to’y lugar a naiyanakan
Ngem anyan nga naladingit ta awankan
Nga mangipatungal kadagiti ingka rinugian.
Saebbek ken lua ti ingkam idaton kenka
Ta pudno unay nga dipay rumbeng koma
Nga ingka isubli ti anges nga adda kenka
Ta ngay addo pay ti maaramid ditoy daga.
Opong e sunod ni anusam asse daren no
Aji ka atyen antawi-tawili as dahe anak no
An asawam at anji kani e susunod no
Atyen arem amin dahe problema tako.
Nothing we can do for your untimely demise
Except to pray for your sins to be dismissed
That upon the Lord’s delight you’ll be alright
And eternally you’ll be embraced by the light.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A TRIBUTE to a LEADER by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow