A VOICEMAIL TO REMEMBER
I get a voicemail on the phone log
It says “You had sex with your dog.”
Yes Skunky starts accusing me
of something so silly.
Recording goes on about
“Unfreezing Prince Emeray”
No name of his in the credits
Was his claim.
Well, let me put this to shame.
The one galley that you didn’t steal
Has your name in it that is very REAL.
Now may be it will be worth something
One day…maybe when your old and grey.
But that’s right you don’t age
For you cleanse your aura like a sage
In the shower all the time
Maybe you will one day you will realize
how you never examine yourself deep inside-
Anyway I am done with this rhyme.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A VOICEMAIL TO REMEMBER by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest
- Our Country, Edgar Albert Guest
- Being Dad On Christmas Eve, Edgar Albert Guest