A Walk With God
I found God among the silence of a long afternoon.
He was sitting in the sunshine and humming a little tune.
He said “Seek me when you’re tired and give thanks for what you have.
Seek me when your lonely and seek me when your sad.
My dear child, ” God said to me in the breeze.
“My way is not always an easy way but Grace does not come with ease.
Though you doubt your worth always and try to pick at broken seams
I made you very different and I’ll tell you what this means.
I made you full of Life with a Heart to feel Love and Pain.
I made you to show Mercy even where Mercy’s received in vain.
I made you so that your smile could brighten another’s day.
I gave you the gift of forgiveness to show others along the way.
The path that I’ve made for you is one of Joy and Strife.
With choices that I’ve left you and opportunities in your Life.
I know sometimes you forget me or you think that I’m not there
But remember you’re my child and I made you strong enough to bare-
All the pains that plague you and all the Fear and doubts.
You are strong enough to face them to live Life and push them out.
Remember that you are wonderful I try to show you everyday
With little things that matter and better things along the way.
Help others who are around you and touch as far as you can
Because Life is sometimes lonely with your neighbor you can stand.
Remember you are my child and you’ll know this much is true
I’m with you in every walk you take and everything you do.'
Tabitha Castillo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Walk With God by Tabitha Castillo )
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- OVER THE TOP, Donald R Charon
- Supernova, Herman Dexter
- Ho Hum, Michael McParland
- Backbone Of A Nation, Joseph T. Renaldi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)