James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
A WAR OVER THERE ... FEB 16TH,2013
A WAR OVER THERE … Feb 16th,2013
What we read and are told by the media, could be bent,
They want us in a Mali war over there, where soldiers will be sent,
To fight some so-called terrorist organization group or two,
Wrong crowd; want to kill or be killed and we're in the queue.
Why should we care if they want to kill each other over there?
Places with names we can hardly pronounce in these affairs,
Why do we feel so obliged to somehow get involved?
Dead soldiers on the Highway of Heroes are still unresolved.
Am I the only one who has noticed something might be wrong?
Media moguls and some politicians pumping out their war song,
Has Afghanistan taught us anything about places over there?
Have we won or lost in that completely mad terrorist affair?
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.