A WAR OVER THERE ... FEB 16TH,2013
A WAR OVER THERE … Feb 16th,2013
What we read and are told by the media, could be bent,
They want us in a Mali war over there, where soldiers will be sent,
To fight some so-called terrorist organization group or two,
Wrong crowd; want to kill or be killed and we're in the queue.
Why should we care if they want to kill each other over there?
Places with names we can hardly pronounce in these affairs,
Why do we feel so obliged to somehow get involved?
Dead soldiers on the Highway of Heroes are still unresolved.
Am I the only one who has noticed something might be wrong?
Media moguls and some politicians pumping out their war song,
Has Afghanistan taught us anything about places over there?
Have we won or lost in that completely mad terrorist affair?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A WAR OVER THERE ... FEB 16TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)