A WAR OVER THERE ... FEB 16TH,2013
A WAR OVER THERE … Feb 16th,2013
What we read and are told by the media, could be bent,
They want us in a Mali war over there, where soldiers will be sent,
To fight some so-called terrorist organization group or two,
Wrong crowd; want to kill or be killed and we're in the queue.
Why should we care if they want to kill each other over there?
Places with names we can hardly pronounce in these affairs,
Why do we feel so obliged to somehow get involved?
Dead soldiers on the Highway of Heroes are still unresolved.
Am I the only one who has noticed something might be wrong?
Media moguls and some politicians pumping out their war song,
Has Afghanistan taught us anything about places over there?
Have we won or lost in that completely mad terrorist affair?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A WAR OVER THERE ... FEB 16TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak