A World Of Beauty And Joy
The world has so much beauty and joy to offer
I cannot imagine how to enjoy them all
A place full of people, charming faces, great minds
To share friendships and relationships
Life is short; I will not meet them all.
The world has all the arts to give infinite delight
Countless creatures crawl and fly and roam the earth
Just as plants and flowers and leaves
In all sizes and colors and shapes
To decorate the planet, to vanish my loneliness
Life is short; I will not see and appreciate all these.
The world is an endless scenery of wonderful places
Cities and villages, farms and wilderness
Oh, a lifetime is too brief to visit each one.
Yes, so much beauty and joy lie before me now
To sustain my respect for life, make it a heavenly one.
Yet, even the memories of my childhood love for nature
Even the memories of my childhood thrills and joys
Are enough to hold my faith in life
And keep me in love all through life.
Leonard Sims's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Of Beauty And Joy by Leonard Sims )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Holy Book, Tony Adah