A World Safe and Sound
Lives lost, breaking
The hearts of all those who live.
It creates a storm
Tears of compassion flow uninterrupted.
A tsunami, a fallen 'craft
An avalanche, a hurricane, or a blistering fire.
Take their toll and as if not enough
We seem to add more in the form of war or terror.
We offer prayers
That there be no more disasters
And the whole world'll be at peace.
Hope our prayers
Will be answered soon
And the world'll be a place safe and sound.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Safe and Sound by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Sense Of Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- here workin' for hugs on Christmas eve, Bull Hawking
- Poetry of the Stars, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- The Song of Krishna, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- My Christmas Wishes, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- What a Concept is this Love, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown