Distant hills look
Smoother to the eye
It's all because of
Things get smaller
As they move farther
Lines remain lines
Circles become oval.
Lines that're parallel
Like tracks of a train
Seem to meet at a point
Called the vanishing point.
It lies on the horizon
Precisely at eye level
When you rise higher
So will the horizon rise.
Keep seeing more and more
As you go higher and higher
Good perspective enables
Reducing reality to 2D.
Masterpieces of art follow
Perspective to the rule
Eye retains an image like
Camera captures a picture.
Camera's focus' fixed
Focus of eye's variable
It changes in an instant
All objects look focused.
Two pictures eyes capture
Provide 3D information
Have a good perspective
In a sketch that you draw.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Perspective by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
- No love, Barbara Dixion
- Music Is Life, Ray Hansell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)