Distant hills look
Smoother to the eye
It's all because of
Things get smaller
As they move farther
Lines remain lines
Circles become oval.
Lines that're parallel
Like tracks of a train
Seem to meet at a point
Called the vanishing point.
It lies on the horizon
Precisely at eye level
When you rise higher
So will the horizon rise.
Keep seeing more and more
As you go higher and higher
Good perspective enables
Reducing reality to 2D.
Masterpieces of art follow
Perspective to the rule
Eye retains an image like
Camera captures a picture.
Camera's focus' fixed
Focus of eye's variable
It changes in an instant
All objects look focused.
Two pictures eyes capture
Provide 3D information
Have a good perspective
In a sketch that you draw.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Perspective by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- ~Honesty~, E Nigma
- The Carwasher, Tony Adah
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -98, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Miss (The Little Things), Michael P. McParland
- Dr. Hans Dilcher, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love You So Deeply, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You So, Michael P. McParland
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis
- Breath, beneath!, Edward Kofi Louis