A World Without Water
Can you imagine a world without water?
It would be a world which is totally altered.
Rivers and streams would no longer flow.
The oceans' tides wouldn't ebb to and fro.
Without the cooling and refreshing rain,
Living things would struggle to remain.
With no fresh water, we'd have little to drink.
None of us would wash, so then we would stink.
Plants wouldn't grow: we would have no flowers.
There'd be no energy from hydro-electric power.
Radiators wouldn't work: there would be no heat.
We couldn't boil vegetables, eggs, or pasta to eat.
There would no longer be fish left in the sea:
Many aquatic creatures would just cease to be.
There would be no pools, in which we could swim.
Lakes and reservoirs would be empty to their brim.
There would be no travelling by ship or by boat:
There would be no water for either to float.
We wouldn't be able to wash the dog, or the car.
Without any water, we wouldn't get too far.
There would be no water to bind mixtures together.
We would soon get bored of constant hot weather.
We wouldn't be able to flush waste down our loo.
There are so many things which we couldn't do.
But in poorer countries, water is a precious blessing;
The urgent need for water is a matter that is pressing.
In the UK, we can access water each and every day,
But, what if, our water was suddenly taken away?
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Without Water by Angela Wybrow )
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)