Although you cradle gently,
wanting you has altered me
like a leaf, falling from it's branch
upon a solid oak tree.
What once was filled with lush life,
clinging to the pulse of your limbs,
has dried, faded, dropped from sight
and will never be the same again.
That careful breath you bestowed
with just one sweet kiss,
dries, arid, inside my throat -
run hoarse from dreams dismissed.
As I fall towards the earth,
to shatter upon graves of truth,
a sudden breeze catches me,
returns my heart- once more- to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About You by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde