Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
My father died millennia ago.
Yet the hunters are not dead
they are only sleeping.
Their spirit is within me
destined to touch the stars.
I shall not go there.
the sons of my sons
will journey there.
Primeval hunters are not dead
ancestors are only sleeping.
Ancestral spirit is within me.
The seed of the men
that forever seeks
flickering fires in flaming sky.
in limitless landscape of infinity.
My spirit will touch the stars.
Bounded by limitless horizons
we shall dream new dreams.
As we blaze across a timeless sky.
Ad Astra - Latin (to the stars)
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ad Astra* by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Auld Lang Syne, Robert Burns
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Scanned, Sadiqullah Khan
- Lead me Home, Sadiqullah Khan
- While We Danced, Sadiqullah Khan
- BFF - done - PLaYiNg kEtCh up, sEaN nOrTh
- SNIP THE SCRIPTINGS' MISBECOMING, Dexsta Ray
- Tears And Dews, Tony Adah
- Feel Like, Michael P. McParland
- i still love you!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Gambled wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Searching For Stonehenge & Paradise (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR