Bending down and kissing this man of sod
and breathing into him the breath of God.
Tenderly the lips of man God had found
and the man called Adam rose from the ground.
Written after reading Genesis 2: 7
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
All quotations ©NIV
Comments about this poem (Adam by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COLORS OF THE DAY, Philo Yan
- Il faut charger les mots, Eric Dubois
- GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- <<< I am not yet feeling nausea, Abdul Wahab
- Stop needless, hasmukh amathalal
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Tristesse, Eric Dubois