Dr John Celes
Enough is enough, man!
’Tis time, I drew the line;
My patience has run out;
I’m so fed-up with you.
How long should I bear up?
How much should I forgive?
How longer must my sufferings linger?
Should I be always at the receiving end?
I tried my best to keep our friendship;
I forgave you umpteen times;
You will not change your attitudes;
You cannot condescend!
Do I need such a friendship at all?
Do I need a selfish partner?
Must I forgive seven and seventy-seven times?
Must I show you my other cheek?
There are limits for everything;
You don’t care about others;
Life is just about adjusting with all;
Life is in co-existence!
You live the kind of life you want;
I’ve had enough with all your pranks;
’Tis time I thought about myself a bit;
Adios Amigos! Adieu, my friend!
Time's the healer but not for an adamant heart.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 4-10-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adios Amigos! by Dr John Celes )
- THOUSAND MOONS, Satish Verma
- Where Larkspur Have The Purple Winds Gat.., mary douglas
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)