Those days of my teen years!
Remind me of a sweet name,
That I used to write in the air,
In deep devotion, with my finger.
When I wrote that name, I would
Hardly mark if anyone saw me do
This aerial exercise. When caught,
I would quickly put my hands down.
Keen onlookers used to ask me,
What was it that I wrote in the air?
I was solving a complex maths problem,
I used to reply with a semblance of innocence.
So many names I've since then known,
Not one figured in my finger like that.
Now I am long past those years, Still I sign
That name in the air or secretly in my pocket!
15 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aerial Signature by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel