Barry Van Allen
I am afflicted with those memories,
sometimes, I'm glad that I have them,
sometimes, I feel cursed that they are me,
sometimes , I'm not sure how I feel,
... all I know is that I do.
The easy things are often times the hardest,
Sometimes it does not feel right,
but, many times there's nothing else,
too many times, there is only what is there.
I am addicted to the freedom.
to wander on the roads,
to discover where they lead,
even though I know,
that I've been there before,
... It is different now.
That was a different time and place,
those moments make a difference,
timing is almost everything,
for a man like me.
A given place is almost static,
and most people are erratic,
but, what happens in a place - - -
at any given time, to any group,
of people, can be so damn dynamic:
- - - then everything is changed!
I am afflicted with imagination,
it would be worse if I had none...
you know... and I know ...
that too many just go through the motions,
they start at number one ...
and are pretty much all done at number four!
It kind of makes me wonder,
how they know that there is number six,
they can't imagine what tomorrow is
or remember yesterday!
They are not afflicted with ambition,
they just live from day to day,
I guess that there is something to be said for that,
BUT, I'm not here to say it!
I am afflicted, and I know it,
you will find no contradiction here,
I am no shinning knight,
'cause after all is said and done,
... I am afflicted with my own life!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Affliction by Barry Van Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam